Monday, July 23, 2012

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Marshmallows

I mean, do I really need to say any more? The title pretty much speaks for itself.

These bad boys are my little secret obsession. I hinted at them yesterday. My husband made them for me once while we were still dating and I think he's regretted it ever since. I love these little guys and he groans every time he sees me unpack these 3 ingredients from a grocery bag.

They're also my secret weapon. Have you ever needed to whip up some kind of dessert to serve to dinner guests who are expected to arrive in the next few minutes? And of course, you don't want it to look like you only spent 5 minutes preparing. Well, stick this recipe in your back pocket to use the next time you're in a time crunch, but you don't want it to be obvious.

Here's what you do:

1. Get your ingredients. I used dark chocolate and raspberries this time, but you can use any chocolate chips and all kinds of toppings: berries, nuts, M&M's, use your imagination!



2. Pour about half the bag of chocolate chips into a small saucepan. Add about 1 tbsp of milk to keep the chocolate smooth.



3.  Heat chips over medium heat. make sure to KEEP STIRRING! We use the paddle spoon that came with our rice cooker, but you can use whatever utensil works for you. Add more chips or milk as you see fit. The chocolate should look like hot fudge you get in a sundae shop, thicker than what you'd get from a bottle.



4. Dip marshmallows halfway into the melted chocolate. Set on a plate. I recommend not putting them on the plate you want to serve them on as they tend to be tipsy and drippy at this point.



5. Top with the topping of your choice before chocolate cools.



6. Place into refrigerator until chocolate sets--about an hour. It will still be a bit sticky when you pull it out.

(You can see some of the "tipsy" ones in this picture. Just use those as taste testers!)

7. Transfer to serving plate if desired and set out when ready to serve. Enjoy!

(Excuse the blurry cell phone pic!)

A couple of notes: my husband and I typically do this together. He dips, I top. It makes it go by a lot faster. We've also tried this recipe with orange liqueur instead of milk to give it a little kick and a different flavor.

What's your go-to dessert for unexpected or soon-to-be-arriving guests?

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!