Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lists are a girl's best friend!

I like to consider myself a very organized and prepared person. I can juggle just about anything and keep it all straight...under one condition...

I HAVE TO MAKE A LIST!

I make lists all the time. All. The. Time. For everything. Seriously. 



My first reaction when I'm learning anything new or trying to figure out what to do or how to do it is to make a list. It gives me a sense of control and helps me freak out less.

I think it's a sickness. I make a to-do list daily. Sometimes even multiple during the day. I make a list of lists that I need to make. I make grocery/shopping lists out the wazoo. I make a list for things to do during the weekend. I have 3 apps on my phone that are list-related (one for to-do's, one for chores and one for packing). I think I have a list in most if not all of my posts so far. Right now, I have an ever-growing list of ideas for blog posts. It's currently at 3 pages.

I don't know what it is, and I do think it's a bit ridiculous, but it doesn't matter. I love lists. Long, or short, detailed or general, it doesn't matter. 

I think it's the satisfaction of crossing things off. I admit, I add things to my lists just so I can cross them off. It's almost cathartic. Plus, you always know what you have left to work on, what can wait until tomorrow and what you've accomplished so far during the day. 

What types of lists do you make? What other crazy awesome thing do you do to make sure you stay organized?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!