Friday, July 20, 2012

Pet Peeve, Schmet Schmeeve

....huh?

Pet peeve, schmet schmeeve is something that was introduced to me in college. It's where you take some time at the end of the day (or week, or whenever) and vent about something (generally small) that annoyed you, or generally put a damper on your mood. This is what we call a pet peeve.

Now, we all know you shouldn't dwell on the negative. This is where the schmet schmeeve comes in. This is something (usually equally minor) that brightened your day, week, whenever. After you've rehashed the negative, you follow up with the celebration of something enjoyable you experienced. ,

For example...

Today's pet peeve(s):
1. Today was payday for both myself and my husband, but I spent a good chunk of time this morning using that income to pay bills. Ugh. Never fun.
2. I was putting away groceries earlier and pricked the tip of my finger on a glass shard and it won't stop bleeding, so I put a band aid on it and now I can't type very well. Plus, it stings!



Now for the schmet schmeeve(s):
1. The last couple of days have been sunny and gorgeous! I was seriously in need of a break from all the (wonderful, blessed) rain we've been getting.
2. I had some extra time at the end of the day today and got to enjoy a Venti iced Tazo Passion Tea Lemonade. It was the perfect refreshment for the end of the long week!



What are your pet peeves and schmet schmeeves for the day/week/whenever? Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!