Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Saturday Shopping

Saturday shopping is one of my favorite things. This past Saturday, I spent, oh, somewhere around 6 straight hours shopping. Yep, you read that right. Almost a full work day's worth of shopping! *contented sigh* What does one do during 6 hours of shopping? Keep reading and I'll tell you!

Now, this particular Saturday happened to be in between seasons, so every store was having a HUGE sale to empty out all of their summer gear to make way for their back to school and fall gear. And man, do I adore a great sale! Those "your total savings this trip" lines at the bottom of the receipt get me going every time!

My adventure started at Kohl's. They were having one of their famous Super Saturday sales with extra deals if you get up really early and shop before 1:00 PM. I was there at 11:00, but stuck to the clearance racks so the extra deals didn't really apply so much to me. My finds aren't on their website anymore, but you can shop their clearance deals here.

I ended up with:
  • 1 Pair of work pants for < $15
  • 2 Dresses for < $25 total
  • A "total savings this trip" of: $144.32

Next was Target. I scoured the clearance racks, but didn't find anything that struck my fancy, as I was concentrating mainly on work-wear. However, I did end up with:
  • 3 Cardigans for $15 a pop
  • 2 Camisoles for $8 a pop
  • A "total savings this trip" of: $14.97 (not my greatest, but I wear a camisole and/or cardigan 3x/week minimum so it was worth the splurge)
You can find the cardigans here and the camisoles here. If you're not looking for work clothes, but still want some great Target finds, you can shop their clearance here.

My last destination was the mall. I browsed around several stores (and got a ton of walking in!), but only purchased items at Macy's, New York & Co. and JC Penney. Altogether from the mall, I ended up with:
  • 1 Pair of work pants for < $11
  • 6 Shirts for < $49 (avg about $8 each)
  • 1 Blazer (this one)  for < $20
  • 1 Skirt (this one in black) for < $22
  • Not all of the receipts showed total savings, but at Macy's, I had a "total savings this trip" of $205.40

Total it all up and that's:
  • 6 Shirts
  • 2 Dresses
  • 2 Pairs of work pants
  • 3 Cardigans
  • 2 Camisoles
  • 1 Blazer
  • 1 Skirt
  • Total spent all day: $227.04 (which is only $21.64 more than my total savings at Macy's!)
What does this haul look like, you ask? Well have a look-see:

There you have it, my Saturday shopping adventure! What deals have you found recently? What's your number one store to find steals and deals at?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!