Thursday, July 26, 2012

TGI (almost) Friday!

I don't know about you, but this week has been killer. In an I-want-to-pull-my-hair-out-and-run-away-to-a-tropical-island kind of way. Who wants to come?

Source
On a separate note, I am very excited about 2 (well, 3) upcoming events...

1. The Olympics
2. Shark week!!

1. For those of you who don't know me all that well, I am an Aggie, along with my husband, and therefore a HUGE A&M fan. 

Source

Did you know that A&M has 23 (former and current) athletes plus 1 coach participating in the Olympics this year? Twenty three. That's more than any other college or university in the nation. Can I get a WHOOP!!! Now, they aren't all on the USA teams, but still that's pretty darned awesome!

10 of these 23 Aggies are swimmers, which is my favorite (followed by gymnastics) Olympic sport. All Olympians are amazing to me. I can't imagine the dedication, raw talent or determination that goes into qualifying for an Olympic team. It's just amazing...

2. Growing up, I was slightly obsessed with sharks. I had books upon books about them and checked out every shark book the library had to offer. I would read them cover to cover, over and over again. Almost every paper I had to write through middle school had to do with sharks. I love sharks and would love to spend my days researching and watching and learning all about them. One of my dreams came true when we got to go cage diving in Hawaii earlier this year. 


So, naturally, one of my favorite happenings every year is Shark Week on the Discovery channel. This year is the 25th anniversary, so I'm sure there are going to be plenty of fantastic new shows! 

3. Well, duh. Does this really need any more explanation?

What upcoming event are you excited about?

What's your favorite part of the Olympics?

If you could run away to any location in the world, where would it be?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!