Friday, August 3, 2012

Beach Weekend!

It's Friday! It's Friday! It's FRIIIIIIDAY!

ahem...

Sorry, I was just doing a little happy dance....

Because not only is it Friday, but it's a Friday that will end with me on a beach for the next 48 hours. And the beach is my favorite place on earth to be!

Source
Now, the beach I'll be on won't be quite so pretty, but still. It's a beach. And that makes my heart happy :)

We've rented a beach house with 3 other couples for the weekend, which is waaaaay better than getting a hotel room. You have all the comforts of home and way more space to move around. I'm not sure which website we used to book this house, but Home Away is a great resource to use. Check it out if you're planning a vacation and have a fairly large group or just want something slightly more than a standard hotel room.

Now, a weekend on the beach with the extremely fun group we'll be spending with involves, well, drinking.
And in an effort to stay at least a little hydrated and not consume my daily caloric intake within 4 drinks, here's what I do: 

1. Take a bottle of water and pour (or drink) it down to the top of the label (or whatever level you're comfortable with).
2. Add 1 Crystal Light package and shake well
3. Fill the bottle back up with your liquor of choice (My personal preference is vodka, but you can use anything that will compliment your flavor of Crystal Light).
4. Shake some more and voila'! You get an entire bottle of water with each drink you consume. Plus, the only calories you get are from the alcohol itself. 

That, my friends is my favorite summer cocktail. Easy peasy and relatively healthy. What's your favorite?

***I hope you enjoy yourself this weekend, but please please PLEASE don't drink and drive. Call a (sober) friend or call a cab. It's just not worth the risk...




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!