It failed. Miserably.
Best guess why? I didn't go back and read the tutorial before I went at it...
Yeah, sometimes that helps, I know.
I started with this:
I sprayed and then Mod Podged a picture from a magazine onto the canvas.
I should have left it like this. I really liked how this
Then, I put my repositionable vinyl letters over the picture (yes, I did think far enough ahead to buy repositionable letters) and then painted over it.
I waited somewhat patiently for the paint to dry and then went about peeling off the letters. What I didn't think about was the fact that the adhesive on the letters would pull off parts of the dried Mod Podge. So rather than a G, it looked more like a toddler's scribble. I didn't take a picture, because I was so frustrated with how it turned out. Oh well.
Not wanting to be wasteful, and still quite frustrated, I ripped the picture off the canvas and painted over it furiously and set it to the side.
Eventually, I went back to it. I traced the outline of a "K" in pencil and then painted it a light blue.
And a zoomed out shot (some of these are the same pictures from yesterday, but I want you to see how it looks in the room as a whole...)
|I do think I'm going to keep Mr. Owl....|
!. Read the instructions first.
2. If all else fails: get creative! Pin It Now!