Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Thankful: Gig 'em Aggies!



I know I'm posting Day 10 on Day 11, but I think these need 2 separate posts.

I am thankful for a Texas A&M win over Alabama! (Whoop!)

For those of you who don't know, A&M moved to the SEC this season from the Big XII. The SEC is widely accepted as the best college football conference in the nation. There were so many people out there who said we would never be able to compete in such a talented conference. I'll admit, even I said it would take a few years for us to be able to hold our own.

Well, my friends, I gladly tell you, I was WRONG! We have stood up to SEC team after SEC team, losing only 2 games this season, by 8 points total. We started off the season unranked, and went into our game yesterday ranked 15th in the nation.

We played against Alabama, who went into yesterday's game ranked #1 and undefeated.

Source
The game started off with an early Aggie lead 20-0 by the end of the first quarter. The second quarter consisted of Alabama quickly dwindling that lead down to 6 points. The rest of the game was back and forth. I swear I had 13 1/2 mini heart attacks in the last 5 minutes of the game. 

Well, all's well that ends well, right? We managed to hang on to our lead and ended the game with a 29-24 final score! 

Source
Next week's rankings won't officially be out until later tonight,  but as of now we are projected to be ranked number 9 and Alabama has been knocked down to 4th. For you college football fans, this is a great article that outlines projections for the rest of the season.

So, in short, I am thankful for being proven wrong last night. I am incredibly proud of my Aggies and proud to be a part of the Aggie family.

How did your teams fare yesterday?

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!