Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reflection and Resolution

Happy New Year!!!!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic NYE celebration to welcome in 2013. As I was drinking my coffee this morning, I started thinking back over the past year and all that has happened, as well as where I hope this year will go. 

First off, I want to say thank you to all of my readers! :) It still amazes me how many people have stopped by to share in my adventures. Looking back at my stats from last year, these were your favorite posts:

1. IKEA hack      2. Budget Binder      3. Upcycling Wine Corks      4. A True Love Story      5. Happy :)



Now for the future. I've decided that I want to make 2013 all about different types of fitness.

They say that if you put your goals in writing, you're more likely to accomplish them, so here are my goals for this year:

1. Physical (I think this is kind of a given on most people's resolution list, but it's definitely a must!)
  • In 2012, I lost 25+ pounds by making changes in my eating habits as well as my activity level and want to continue that trend
  • My goals for 2013:
    • Continue the weight loss with another 10-15 pounds
    • Increase my activity level to include small changes like taking the stairs, parking farther away, etc. as well as increasing my workouts to include a variety of cardio and weight training (gotta use that gym I pay for every month!) 3+ times a week
    • Continue to make smart choices in the foods I eat, as well as trying to expand my palette to include yucky healthier foods.
2. Fiscal
  • One of the major changes of  my 2012 included the loss of an income, which amounts to me living off of about 1/3 of the total income I was used to.
  • My goals for 2013:
    • Revamp my personal Budget Binder to fit my new situation (and stick to it!)
    • Continue to add to my savings monthly 
    • Make smarter decisions on purchases 
3. Emotional
  • 2012 was an emotionally draining year. Period. End of story. 
  • My goals for 2013:
    • Take more time for myself, and spend more time on myself and with myself
    • Learn my limits. I can't be everywhere, help everyone and/or do everything. It's just not possible.
    • Say yes (and no) more often. You never know what you're missing until you try, but again, I need to learn to keep things in moderation. 
Whew! That's a bit overwhelming, but it's out there, so no hiding from it now!

What are some of your goals/resolutions for the new year?
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that its better to write down your goals. I love to see other people's new years resolutions because it is motivating! Thanks for sharing these at Well Crafted Wednesdays! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree with your 2013 plans. Apply to me:)


    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's GFC and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great posts there and I am there with you on the goal setting. Thanks for sharing on I Gotta Try That.
    Hugs,
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!