Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wish List

Lately, I've been Jonesing to go shopping--shopping for very pretty, yet completely unnecessary things.

Now, if you've read this post, you'll know that I have cut back, and that translates to no frivolous purchases.

*sigh*

What I can do, however, is show all of you some of what I would be buying if I had unlimited resources!

We'll start with pretties for the house.

Back in December, I "liked" Pottery Barn and West Elm on Facebook. One of the awesome things about their page is they allow you to add items from their amazing roomscapes to a wish list, where you can go back and daydream about having those items for yourself. Some of the items I've added to my wish list are (click on the pictures to go to each link) :

This bakers rack. These things are so dang versatile, and they let you show off all your lovelies...


 ...lovelies like these mercury glass candles...


I've been dying for a comfortable chair to add to my living room. This would be perfectly cozy to read a book or to have as "visitor chair". Plus the pattern is fabulous!


I just adore this console table. I love the contrast between the wood and the metal, and adore the fact that it has a shelf--the more horizontal surfaces, the better!


And this, this beauty is probably my favorite. It's the perfect size and I adore the tufted back! *swoon*


I also popped into Barnes and Noble a couple weekends ago to kill some time. I got sucked in and nearly lost track when I needed to leave once I found the table of all of their fancy candles and soaps. They have dozens of scents,  brands, sizes and looks. Two of my favorites were:

Michael Design Works Lemon Basil candle. This fragrance is clean, light and refreshing. It would be great in a kitchen.

Paddywax Mark Twin Library candle. This is a very distinct, richly scented candle with hints of tobacco and vanilla. It would be perfect for a bedroom.



I would also love to have just about anything you can see in this picture I snapped for my wish list while at Target the other day. You can find this entire line here.



Now for the accessories...

One of my favorite stores to get accessories, especially super trendy accessories, is Forever21. Not only are their goods right on point for any and all trends, but they are also quite reasonably priced, so you don't have to feel guilty if you only wear those day-glo skinnies enough times to count on one hand. 

Before we start, please don't judge the number of  items that incorporate anchors...I have a pretty big thing for anchors...










Last, but absolutely and certainly not least, are the shoes. 

There are surprisingly few on my list right now. For some reason I'm just not feeling the want for shoes right now (and my mother is probably sending an ambulance to my place as she reads that last line. Yes, I promise I'm feeling OK!)

I love these nautical-striped wedges from Gianni Bini. They would be ah-maz-ing for summer!



I've also been searching for black peep-toe wedges with a reasonable heel, and found some online at Forever21. Did I mention I love that store for accessories?! Not only do they have them in black, but they also come in a tan/mustard color and Kelly green. I think I need all three. Thoughts?



What are some things you would buy if there were no spending limits?

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love the anchors and those striped platform shoes :-) Thank you for dropping by pret-a-vivre.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!